Gore Street Energy Storage Fund is the first UK pure play energy storage fund, targeting a 7% yield. Building a diversified portfolio of projects, the Fund already has two operational assets in the portfolio and both with multiple revenue streams in place.
The Fund is overseen by a highly experienced Investment Management Team, with a total of over 75 years of private equity and asset management experience. The investment team's track-record is predominantly focused on energy and infrastructure and also has successfully acquired and managed storage assets in the UK.
The Fund invests in a diversiﬁed portfolio of utility scale energy storage projects primarily located in the UK. It targets a sustainable and attractive dividend over the long term. The Company also seeks to provide investors with an element of capital growth.
- Established technology - the lithium-ion battery is a well-established technology that enables multiple revenue streams stacked within a single asset. Batteries have up to 15-years warranty from suppliers, however, the fund is ultimately battery technology agnostic
- Large pipeline - GSF has a strong project pipeline from its wide industry network
- High yield - annual dividend target of 7% of NAV (subject to a minimum target of 7p per Ordinary Share) after year 1 supported by 10-12% Project target IRR, and paid the targeted dividend of 4 pence per ordinary share for the period from Admission to 31 March 2019
- Blue chip - commercial partners and strong strategic partnerships
- Experienced Investment Manager - with a track record in storage and extensive experience and expertise in sourcing, structuring and managing large renewable energy projects globally
- High quality independent Board - Patrick Cox (Chairman), Caroline Banszky, Malcom (Max) King and Thomas Murley